This self-guided tour is an excellent option for those looking to book their first cycling trip or to enjoy a laid-back (off road) cycling itinerary while visiting some of Nova Scotia’s most popular destinations.
Formerly an old rail bed, the Rum Runners Trail, connects Halifax and Lunenburg (UNESCO world Heritage site). Daily cycling itineraries range from 25 to 40 km with limited on-road riding. Minor on-road riding is required exiting the trail to reach accommodations. This self-guided tour can be completed with a number of bike rental options, however we recommend the use of an e-bike for added pleasure and leisure.
*NEW 2020* This year we have added an optional on-road itinerary for the more experienced rider looking to maximize ocean views and added challenge. We are also offering both a 3 and 5 Night option (both include the same amount of riding).
For a more detailed picture of this itinerary including daily activities and booking details please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking is now open for 2020. Please email us for availability.
- Personal Welcome & Orientation Session
- Daily Luggage Transfer
- Transfer to Trail Head on first day of riding
- Transfer to Airport or accommodation of choice on last day of trip
- Locally operated with 24 Hr text or phone support
- Accommodation at locally owned & operated BnBs
- Route Notes & Daily Itineraries (selection of things to do, restaurant recommendations, optional add-ons)
- Additional set of on-road route notes
- Detailed Route Paths for Google Maps (Offline availability)
- Hybrid Bike Rental (helmet, lock and tube replacement kit) and Set of Panniers
- Optional upgrade to Ebike
Option 1: 4 Day, 3 Night (Includes accommodation during the biking portion of the tour)
$1399 – CAD plus tax per person Single Occupancy
$899 – CAD plus tax per person Double Occupancy
- Day 1: Transfer to Trail Head with stop at Peggy’s Cove and ride to Hubbards (Stay in Hubbards)
- Day 2: Ride to Chester (Stay in Chester)
- Day 3: Ride from Chester to Lunenburg (Stay in Lunenburg)
- Day 4: Morning Ride and return to Halifax or Airport Transfer
Option 2: 6 Day, 5 Night (Includes stay in Halifax before trip departure and an additional night stay in Lunenburg)
$1799 CAD – plus tax per person Single Occupancy
$1199 CAD – plus tax per person Double Occupancy
- Day 1: Arrive to Halifax (Stay in Halifax)
- Day 2: Transfer to Trail Head ride to (Stay in Hubbards)
- Day 3: Ride to Chester (Stay in Chester)
- Day 4: Ride from Chester to Lunenburg (Stay in Lunenburg)
- Day 5: Full Day of Riding in Lunenburg (Stay in Halifax or Lunenburg)
- Day 6: End Trip with return to Halifax or Airport Transfer
Please book this trip in advance! Our accommodation partners fill up quickly during the peak months from June to September.
Please note a 3% booking fee applies to this tour when paid with credit card. E-transfer is preferred.
Cancellation Policy: This tour has a two week cancellation policy.